“Milwaukee Montessori School provides a challenging, individualized education that develops independent thinking students of knowledge, courage, personal integrity and compassion.”
Milwaukee Montessori School is an educational community inspired by the values of Dr. Maria Montessori. We seek students of diverse cultural, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. We offer these students a rich and rigorous Montessori curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement, and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders. We encourage these students to test themselves in athletics, to give expression to their artistic abilities, and to learn the role of artistic expression in human society. We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, and an understanding of why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life. Above all we seek to be a school that nurtures a child’s natural tendency toward self construction.
Milwaukee Montessori School’s Purposes and Objectives
- To teach the importance of personal responsibility and mutual respect.
- To encourage a high skill level in academic, artistic, and athletic pursuits.
- To provide an accessible education thus supporting a diverse student body.
- To ensure all students an equitable education through individualized instruction.
- To engender responsible citizenship through community service and environmental stewardship.
Our Mission in Action
The MMS bi-weekly eMagazine, Monte"stories," provides MMS families and friends with in-depth stories about student projects, school trips, awards and successes, alumni stories and highlights MMS in the wider community. Click here to read more.