A Letter from PA President Preetha Kurudiyara
My name is Preetha Kurudiyara and I am the new president of the Milwaukee Montessori School Parent Association (MMS PA). I would like to welcome back all returning families and extend a greeting to all new families of our MMS community. As a new parent during the 2012-13 school year, I became active in the Parent Association and was immediately impressed by the warm reception and sense of community my whole family received at the school. I was also struck by the dedication the staff and administration has towards the PA; the work of the Parent Association could not be possible without their support. I am grateful for all of the friendships that I have made through the PA in the past year and I look forward to the exciting opportunities that are coming up in the 2013-2014 school year.
As an MMS parent in financial good standing with the Business Office, you automatically become a valued member of the MMS Parent Association. Our goal is to support the school’s mission, develop volunteer participation by organizing fund and “fun” raisers that provide financial support to the school, as well as provide a sense of community. We hope you are able to find time to become involved in the Parent Association as it allows parents to make new friends and become better acquainted with all of the members of the school’s community. As a parent body we have a wealth of varied skills, expertise, and interests that can be put to great use to benefit our school. Involvement allows us, as parents, to become aware of the educational programs and extra-curricular activities offered by our school, to realize the efforts taken to better the education of our children, and to experience MMS along with our children.
I would like to mention that the parents of MMS have dedicated countless hours to the school activities and events that make it great; however, we always need parents who are willing to step forward and take leadership roles in organizing key events. Whether it’s helping to organize our Scholastic Book Fair, participate in the planning of the Annual MMS Gala Dinner & Auction, or making a dish for the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, there is always something to offer our school for the benefit of our kids. We are always looking for fresh ideas to keep our school community the great place it is today, and parents are one of our greatest resources. Please share your time, talents and most importantly, your enthusiasm. I know you will get so much more in return than you give–I know I have.
MMS Parent Association President
EVENTS AT A GLANCE
The PA sponsors fun-raising and fundraising events throughout the year for the whole family. Make great memories with your kids while helping the school become stronger each year.
- Welcome Back Ice Cream Social: Friday, September 6th - Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Adults-Only Picnic: Saturday, September 14th - 5:00-7:00pm. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Parent Education Speaker Dinner featuring Guest Speaker Greg Dale: Tuesday, September 17th - Dinner from 5:30-6:30pm, speaking from 6:30-8:00pm. Read more about Greg here. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Family Fun Event at the Retzer Nature Center: Saturday, September 28th, 10:00am-12:20pm. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Scarecrow Day: Saturday, October 26th - 1:00-3:00pm. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Toddler Morning at the Big Backyard: Sunday, November 3rd - 10:00am-12:00pm. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Toddler Social: Thursday, November 14th - 5:00-6:00pm. Thanks to everyone who joined us!
- Family Night at Country Springs Water Park: Sunday, January 12th - 3:00-6:00pm
- Spaghetti Dinner at the Milwaukee Public Museum: Saturday, February 1st - 5:00-8:30pm
- Toddler Social: Thursday, March 6th - 5:00-6:00pm
- Annual Gala Dinner & Auction at 1451 Renaissance Place: Saturday, April 5th - 6:00-10:00pm
- Toddler Parent K3 Preview Night: Tuesday, May 6th - 4:30-6:00pm
- Family Olympics: Friday, May 9th - 4:00-6:00pm
- Book Fair: Tuesday, May 13th - Friday, May 16th
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: Tuesday, May 13th
- End of the Year Picnic: Wednesday, June 11th - 11:30am-1:00pm
Click here to learn more about Volunteer opportunities at these events. Or, if you already know you want to help, click here to complete our online sign-up form.
If you are interested in joining any of planning committees or you would like get involved in any of our events, please contact the following people:
Or, Click here to sign-up online for volunteer opportunities now!