Become an employee at MMS!
Junior High Math Teacher
Upper Elementary and Junior High Math Teacher
Reports to Head of School
Milwaukee Montessori School is seeking a full-time private school Mathematics teacher for the 2022-2023 academic year. If the right candidate is interested, we will hire immediately and train for the remainder of the 2021 – 2022 academic year. The Mathematics teacher’s primary responsibility will be with our 7th and 8th-grade students using a middle and high school curriculum.
Who we are:
MMS is a small private Montessori school in Milwaukee, WI, right next door to the Milwaukee County Zoo. On average, we have 400 students enrolled in our school, ages ranging from 18-months to 8th grade. Our small, yet nationally recognized, school is our pride and joy, and we’re looking for someone with the same dedication to making this school shine!
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is someone who has studied collegiate-level Mathematics coursework and has prior teaching experience. Although not a deal breaker, some teaching experience is preferred.
Ideal candidate, you love to engage in the school’s community and co-curricular programs as well as provide inspirational and innovative education in the classroom setting. You’re excited about the opportunity to teach without textbooks in a paperless environment, and look forward to being a creative leader in the classroom that is shared with two other teaching faculty.
Our work environment is:
- Small! Our school has 400 students enrolled on average and the Junior High classroom hosts 35-40 students between the two grades, as well as two other teaching faculty
- Collaborative. If you aren’t willing to pitch in and help out in other departments, you can’t work here
- Family-oriented! We offer a discount on tuition if your children are accepted into our school
- Innovative! Our Head of School will push you to be your best and be creative with your lessons and teaching style
Our ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
- Teaching experience
- Readiness to teach all levels of Mathematics
- A desire to learn our innovative pedagogy
- Love for a small, private school setting
- A willingness to participate in our school community and perform extra duties such as drop-off and pick-up
At Milwaukee Montessori School, we build extraordinary academic foundations based on our students’ intrinsic motivations and natural interests while maintaining a balance between tradition and innovation.
School is never boring for our students, and it’s never boring for us! While we offer many of the benefits you might find at other schools, we provide so much more for your personal and professional development: a purposeful, positive, and stimulating work environment and well-trained, experienced, and supportive faculty and administrators working together as we educate youngsters to become an informed, committed, and difference-making generation.
We seek creative people who know how to ask great questions, who have excellent technical skills, and who enjoy team sports! We encourage anyone who has a desire to teach, along with a solid undergraduate degree in an academic major such as mathematics, chemistry, history, biology, world literature, or technology, to apply.