Become an employee at MMS!
Montessori Childcare Teacher
Support individual growth and nurture children by planning and implementing educational programs, providing care, and keeping children safe.
- Supervise and guide play in the classroom, on the playground or during gym time
- Assist in the preparation and cleanup of lunch and snacks
- Provide a safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities
- Follow and enforce school standards and procedures
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Communicate and collaborate with all school faculty
Skills / Qualifications:
- Candidates must be energetic, patient, and reliable. They should also possess good listening/verbal communication skills, emotional control, and be in good physical and mental health.
- Candidates should demonstrate an openness to new ideas and a willingness to learn. Other ideal qualities include flexibility, self-confidence, empathy, tolerance, and tact.
- Experience working with children in a group setting.
- Must be able to lift at least fifty pounds.
- Collegiate background or degree in a related field is preferred. Upon employment, proof of a high school and/or college diploma is required.
- The hours of childcare operation are Monday – Friday, 6:45 am to 6:00 pm. Employment hours are part-time or full-time and year-round.
At Milwaukee Montessori School, we build extraordinary academic foundations based on our students’ intrinsic motivations and natural interests while maintaining a balance between tradition and innovation.
School is never boring for our students, and it’s never boring for us! While we offer many of the benefits you might find at other schools, we provide so much more for your personal and professional development: a purposeful, positive, and stimulating work environment and well-trained, experienced, and supportive faculty and administrators working together as we educate youngsters to become an informed, committed, and difference-making generation.
We seek creative people who know how to ask great questions, who have excellent technical skills, and who enjoy team sports! We encourage anyone who has a desire to teach, along with a solid undergraduate degree in an academic major such as mathematics, chemistry, history, biology, world literature, or technology, to apply.