Become an employee at MMS!
Montessori Toddler Teacher Position
Milwaukee Montessori School has an immediate opening for a full-time Toddler Teacher to work with children ages eighteen months to three years of age.
Support individual growth and nurture children by planning and implementing educational programs, providing care, and keeping children safe.
We are a private independent school and one of the oldest Montessori schools in the US. Our exceptional toddler program sets an essential foundation for our youngest students. We seek a qualified, caring professional that is respectful of, and able to support a young child’s emotional, social and cognitive development. We seek candidates who are looking to begin a fulfilling, long-term career in our School. Many of our current teachers have been employed at our school for more than 10 years!
- Plan and lead interactive group activities, such as reading, singing, games and creative play
- Assist children with dressing and diapering/toilet training
- Assist in the preparation and cleanup of lunch and snacks
- Provide a safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities
- Follow and enforce school standards and procedures
- Communicate effectively with parents regarding their child’s progress and behavior
- Communicate and collaborate with all school faculty
- Supervise and guide play on the playground or during gym time
Skills / Qualifications
- Candidates must be energetic, patient and reliable.
- Candidates should possess good listening/verbal communication skills, emotional control and be in good physical and mental health.
- Candidates should demonstrate an openness to new ideas and a willingness to learn.
- Experience working with children in a group setting.
- Must be able to lift at least fifty pounds.
- Collegiate background or degree in a related field is preferred. Upon employment, proof of a high school and/or college diploma is required.
- Hours of child care operation are Monday – Friday, 6:45 am to 6:00 pm.
- Other ideal qualities include: flexibility, self-confidence, empathy, tolerance, and tact.
Employment hours are full-time and year-round.
At Milwaukee Montessori School, we build extraordinary academic foundations based on our students’ intrinsic motivations and natural interests while maintaining a balance between tradition and innovation.
School is never boring for our students, and it’s never boring for us! While we offer many of the benefits you might find at other schools, we provide so much more for your personal and professional development: a purposeful, positive, and stimulating work environment and well-trained, experienced, and supportive faculty and administrators working together as we educate youngsters to become an informed, committed, and difference-making generation.
We seek creative people who know how to ask great questions, who have excellent technical skills, and who enjoy team sports! We encourage anyone who has a desire to teach, along with a solid undergraduate degree in an academic major such as mathematics, chemistry, history, biology, world literature, or technology, to apply.